Linux twinview fullscreen

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Linux twinview fullscreenKoFish02/14/2009 - 03:58

Hi, i'm running XUbuntu with PekWM as windows manager and a two screen setup. When i ran World of Goo it goes over both screen but only draws on a 640*480 area or something. And the fun thing is that this area is placed in the middle, thats half on my left screen and half on my right, I can't really play like that.

Since I've experienced this with many other ported SDL games i suspect that this is a SDL bug. The solution is ofcourse pretty simple and I hope it exists already; How do I run World of Goo in a window instead of fullscreen?

Re: Linux twinview fullscreenSoultaker02/14/2009 - 08:32

I managed to run World of Goo full-screen with Twinview using Xinerama, but you probably need to ensure a proper meta-mode exists for 800x600 (or another single-monitor resolution that you want the game to use). There is a file called linux-issues.txt in the game directory (usually /opt/WorldOfGoo) which has some more info about this.

[blockquote]The solution is ofcourse pretty simple and I hope it exists already; How do I run World of Goo in a window instead of fullscreen?[/blockquote]
That's easy: hit Alt-Enter to toggle windowed mode. You can also edit the config file in /opt/WorldOfGoo/properties to make the game start in windowed mode every time.