How do I uninstall it?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
How do I uninstall it?Jshaw02/14/2009 - 23:33

As adept in Ubuntu 8.04 as I am, I still hit a wall when I try to uninstall programs that I haven't gotten over synaptic or the classic "sudo apt-get." The problem I'm having with the game is, while everything else goes, the graphics do not. It's a black screen. I do have emerald and compiz enabled, but I don't need to try the game, I've bought both the windows and Wiiware versions. I just thought it would be fun. Can someone guide me through the uninstallation?

Re: How do I uninstall it?icaruscoil02/15/2009 - 00:13

In my case I needed to uninstall the demo and I just changed the command from a -i (install) to -r (remove) which should work for the full version as well.  I am on a 64b system so needed the --force command to install but I don't think it's necessary for removal, I'm just lazy so pushing the up arrow and changing one letter was easy.

sudo dpkg -r --force-architecture WorldOfGooDemo

or in your case

sudo dpkg -r --force-architecture WorldOfGoo

should do the trick.

or if you are running 32 bits this will probably do it.

sudo dpkg -r  WorldOfGoo

This game is great, thanks 2D Boy!

Re: How do I uninstall it?Soultaker02/15/2009 - 08:11

If you're using a 32-bit distribution, you should be able to uninstall through Synaptic. Look in the list of "Installed (local or obsolete)" packages to find it quickly. (It's a "local" package because you download it yourself, instead of getting it from a central package repository).

Re: How do I uninstall it?Jshaw02/15/2009 - 12:42

I only looked at the replies just now and realized how idiotic my post sounded. I didn't even mention what game I was talking about, though it was obvious.  :P Anyways, thank you for your help.