Crash WindowManager/X on Exit

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Crash WindowManager/X on Exitdawning02/17/2009 - 04:24

Hello, I'm running WoG Demo version 1.4 on Ubuntu (64bit) fully patched as of Feb 17th. I have another box with the same setup (but different hardware) that runs the game extremely well. However, on my laptop, upon exiting the game X or my Window Manager (gnome) - I'm not sure which - crashes. It seems equivalent to my having pressed ctrl+alt+backspace - except I haven't been.

When I launch the game it seems my screen resolution is switched to something lower than native (1280x800) and I think upon exit the issue may be related to this matter.

I will post more details if I can figure out relevant information.

Re: Crash WindowManager/X on Exitdawning02/17/2009 - 04:31

Okay, well, I've changed nothing and have not experienced this crash again. I experienced it twice in a row when I first reported it. I checked my /var/log/messages file along with my /var/log/Xorg.0.log file for any clues - don't think the issues I saw were related, not even sure those subjects were actually problems of any kind.

For what it's worth, this machine has the following guts:
* Core 2 Duo 2GHz CPU
* Intel X3100 GPU
* 4GB System Memory
* Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64 fully patched as of Feb 17th 2009