Can't run WoG on Fedora 64 bits

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Can't run WoG on Fedora 64 bitsadrien02/17/2009 - 13:30

Hello everybody,
I can't run this great game on my Fedora in 64 bits.
I've got this following results:
[adrien@licorne ~]$ '/opt/WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo' <br />/opt/WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo: /opt/WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo.bin: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory<br />/opt/WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo: line 22: /opt/WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo.bin: Success
Does an issue exists?
Thank you

Re: Can't run WoG on Fedora 64 bitsearthpigg02/17/2009 - 20:24

this link has many of the other big-name distros... except RHEL/Fedora/CentOS...

http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1432.0.html

so yeah, i guess that doesn't really help you at all :(

i'd dig around the fedora forums for a howto repackage an i386 rpm into an amd64 rpm, if i where you. best of luck, and please post back here when/if you figure out how so others can benifit.

edit: someone on page 3 of that thread is working at the same issue you are.

Last modified Tue, 02/17/2009 - 20:26 by earthpigg
Re: Can't run WoG on Fedora 64 bitsadrien02/18/2009 - 13:10

Thanks a lot for responding.
The solution page 3 on the thread you link works.
The game can start, but works slowly and the sound is very loud.
When I quit the game, GDM restart  :-\.

Re: Can't run WoG on Fedora 64 bitsSoultaker02/18/2009 - 15:25

As I noted in that thread, the slowness is due to the Mesa libraries not using hardware acceleration which is really required to run the game smoothly.

I'm not really familiar with Fedora; is there a way to install the 32-bit drivers for your graphics card? (I suggested nvidia-x11-drv-32bit.i386 to the other guy using Fedora with an NVIDIA graphics card.) What kind of graphics card do you have?

Re: Can't run WoG on Fedora 64 bitsdeadlycheese02/27/2009 - 21:57

I have been able to get WoG installed and working fine in Fedora 10 x86_64, and I'm using the nvidia binary drivers.

Here is a link to my how-to:

http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1432.msg10339.html#msg10339

It is a long message, but there are only 3 or 4 steps to getting it working.

Deadlycheese