how to play with 2 player or more and two or more mouse with linux version

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
how to play with 2 player or more and two or more mouse with linux versionmum198902/19/2009 - 15:30

Hi, i have Archlinux 32bit, (i'am french)
and i've got world of goo linux version
but how to play with 2 players or more, and two or more mouse with linux version
beacause
I read that the linux version can  playing with  4 mouse, it is true ?

I search and i don't find any option in game
please help
(and sory for my english)

Re: how to play with 2 player or more and two or more mouse with linux versionSoultaker02/19/2009 - 15:41

There is some info about this at /opt/WorldOfGoo/linux-issues.txt, though I should probably mention that this is an unsupported feature that probably doesn't work for everybody.

Re: how to play with 2 player or more and two or more mouse with linux versionmum198902/19/2009 - 15:46

thanks , i've find in this file how to have twice or more mouse

Quote:

MULTIPLE MICE SUPPORT

As an unsupported feature, the Linux version of World of Goo can be played
with up to four players at a time, each using a separate mouse. In order to
use this feature, edit config.txt and change the "manymouse" parameter value
from "false" to "true".

Furthermore, the mouse event devices for the mice to be used must be readable
by the user running World of Goo. An easy way to set this up (assuming udev
is used for the /dev filesystem) is to execute (as the root user):

chmod a+r /dev/input/by-id/*event-mouse

Note that this change is not permanent (permissions are reset when the system
is rebooted) and may compromise user privacy on multi-user systems.

Re: how to play with 2 player or more and two or more mouse with linux versionmum198902/19/2009 - 16:34

I've test , work !! :)
it's very fun, very good game
works withs two mouse on archlinux !

Re: how to play with 2 player or more and two or more mouse with linux versionSoultaker02/19/2009 - 18:20

Hehe, yeah, it's fun, though contrary to my expectations it doesn't make the game any easier, especially since you can pick up the goo ball another player is holding.... It doesn't help that one player controls the scrolling either. Utter chaos! (But fun!)

We tried to do the Super Fuse Challenge Time with three players, dividing the screen in three parts, but we never got the OCD.

Re: how to play with 2 player or more and two or more mouse with linux versionMattOG02/20/2009 - 01:36

lol soul, a saying about cooks and broth springs to mind.