Progress time travel?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Progress time travel?Xemic03/03/2009 - 15:29

That's perhaps the best metaphor that describes my problem.

Yesterday afternoon I started World of Goo after a few days of other stuff, but when I was supposed to continue at chapter 3, I had to start at the beginning of chapter 2 (where I ended at the demo; now I have the full version). I was confused but I ignored the oddity and continued playing. Today I finally managed to beat this amazing game and after experimenting a bit with building a tower, I got interested in where the save file was. I found it, I touched it, but I didn't change anything.
The miraculous thing was that the date that file was last edited wasn't today, but a long while ago. Confused again, I started searching for an other file, since I was thinking that I was looking wrong. I couldn't find anything, gave up, and started World of Goo again.
Then my brain exploded. The exploded World of Goo Corporation was back! In fact!... I was back at chapter 3, at the exact spot where I was supposed to continue yesterday!
What in the world is happening here!? Time travel!?

*Checks the game again*

Wha..... World of Goo Corporation is gone again.

Okay, my question has changed: what kind of paranormal power performs this game on my machine? Or is it just my machine?

To be really honest, I am not even sure if it was really necessary to post this, since this isn't the first time my pc does exciting things... But I just had to share this with ya! ;D

~ Xemic, out!

Re: Progress time travel?davidc03/12/2009 - 10:55

This is probably something to do with the demo being based off version 1.00, where the profile was in another location. Maybe it picked up the old save game there.

Re: Progress time travel?Stickybomb6703/13/2009 - 15:23

I believe that this is another one of Goo Corp.'s schemes. They are trying to confuse you to affect your performance. ???
Either that, or someone is hacking your computer. :o
Probably the former. ;D
Sorry  I couldn't help, but know this:
Goo Corp is hypnotizing you through whacked out save files. :-X

Re: Progress time travel?luiginator03/16/2009 - 00:52

It's the timebugs, man! They've gone insane! They're tired of people killing them off to exploit their undo-button capabilities, and they've rebelled by destroying the space-time continuum! Sorry you had to be their first target, but thanks for taking one for the team! :D

Re: Progress time travel?TheHermit03/16/2009 - 11:07

[quote author=luiginator link=topic=1572.msg10752#msg10752 date=1237182758]
It's the timebugs, man! They've gone insane! They're tired of people killing them off to exploit their undo-button capabilities, and they've rebelled by destroying the space-time continuum! Sorry you had to be their first target, but thanks for taking one for the team! :D

??? :o :) :D ;D 8)

Best reason given so far... shame it's not true!

Re: Progress time travel?Stickybomb6704/04/2009 - 10:19

MOM did it.

Re: Progress time travel?spazturtle04/06/2009 - 10:40

[quote author=Stickybomb67 link=topic=1572.msg11402#msg11402 date=1238858370]
MOM did it.

MOM would never hurt anybody how could you say that!

Re: Progress time travel?Stickybomb6704/06/2009 - 15:31

www.goofans.com/MOM/
It doesn't hurt anyone, and MOM claims she is evil.