Game crashes on steam...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Game crashes on steam...gypsylord03/06/2009 - 17:26

I just bought world of goo over steam.  After I downloaded I tried starting the game.  The steam "game is starting" box appears and then the screen goes black for a couple seconds.  Then the game quits and I get one of those "this program has stopped working" messages.  I run windows vista 32 bit.  Any help?

Re: Game crashes on steam...harry1357903/06/2009 - 20:25

I just bought the game today as well, and I am having the same problem. The only difference is that I don't get an error message afterwards. The game opens up to a black screen, and once I move the mouse the screen flickers and then goes back to the desktop like nothing happened.

Any ideas?

Re: Game crashes on steam...harry1357903/06/2009 - 20:46

Sorry about the double post.

After my last post I noticed a thread about how spyware doctor conflicts with WoG. The guy who posted had a somewhat different issue though.

But anyways, I tried disabling my Spyware Doctor and it worked perfectly. That might be what is causing your problem gypsy as well.

Anyone know of a way to make Spyware Doctor and WoG work w/ eachother? It's way to much of a hassle to turn off SD before running WoG as you have to restart your computer. Not to mention I'm very paranoid of being endanger of viruses as I've already had spyware kill this computer once.