How do I disconnect the Corporation level from the internet?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
How do I disconnect the Corporation level from the internet?PlayinWithMahGoo03/07/2009 - 23:24

I picked the game up on steam and freakin love it.

but I accidentally clicked on the Corporate playground level to connect to the internet, and now I can't find a way to disconnect. Even closing the game and restarting the computer, I log back into the corporation playground level and see people on the billboard instead of the connect button.

How do I disconnect from the tower building internet thing?

Re: How do I disconnect the Corporation level from the internet?MattOG03/08/2009 - 01:55

Not sure why you'd want to disconnect, but it's in the pers2.dat file. Not sure if you can edit it out, so then you'd have to just delete the player in WoG and start again.

Re: How do I disconnect the Corporation level from the internet?PlayinWithMahGoo03/08/2009 - 23:23

[quote author=MattOG link=topic=1602.msg10557#msg10557 date=1236495336]
Not sure why you'd want to disconnect, but it's in the pers2.dat file. Not sure if you can edit it out, so then you'd have to just delete the player in WoG and start again.

I don't have that file in the steam version?

Surely there has to be a way to disconnect it without actually deleting all my progress up till now, Thats just...nuts.

Re: How do I disconnect the Corporation level from the internet?TheHermit03/09/2009 - 14:05

Wanting to disconnect so you can't see "the clouds" is nuts! ;)

Re: How do I disconnect the Corporation level from the internet?davidc03/12/2009 - 10:26

[quote author=PlayinWithMahGoo link=topic=1602.msg10584#msg10584 date=1236572591]
Surely there has to be a way to disconnect it without actually deleting all my progress up till now, Thats just...nuts.

Complete a level, any level. In the bottom right, turn off "submit my score".

-davidc