Want to turn sound down (or off) in game (pc version)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Want to turn sound down (or off) in game (pc version)stewy.cvl03/10/2009 - 12:07

I want to listen to Pandora internet radio on my PC while I play World of Goo(PC), but WoG's soundtrack drowns out the "radio", and WoG has no sound options.  Any suggestions, apart from getting new hardware, or purchasing software? (freeware/shareware/open-source would be fine though) 
BTW, I'm using Windows XP.

Re: Want to turn sound down (or off) in game (pc version)flutterbox03/17/2009 - 05:18

same here.  i like to use vent & i can't b/c the game is too loud.  :'(

Re: Want to turn sound down (or off) in game (pc version)kosmi03/17/2009 - 21:34

Don't know if you guys have 'config.txt' somewhere in Windows version, but in Linux it is easy: Just change from false to true this line:

<param name="sound_mute" value="false" />

<param name="sound_mute" value="true" />

And then you can play WoG in total silence or hear favorite music from another sources while playing WoG.