Graphical/Interface Problems w/Steam-downloaded WoG

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Graphical/Interface Problems w/Steam-downloaded WoGObiMatt8703/10/2009 - 21:07

I purchased World of Goo via Steam this past weekend after having played the demo on my Vista 32 Business-based machine without issues.  For whatever reason, the full version I paid for has the following issues:

- I can't see profile names when I click on the "Profiles" button after having played previously.  Instead, it asks, "Who are you?" and there are two X's in boxes next to the WoG graphical world interface.  When you click on the one closest it asks you if you want to delete it, but you don't know what "it" is.  I suspect this is a saved profile name, but you can't see the name.

- I can play the game fine, but when I want to get out and hit the "Back" button, it takes me to a screen with my profile name showing in the lower left corner and a "storm" of what looks like black squares on a blue blackground blowing more or less from left to right.  The music is playing, and it almost looks like this is something you're supposed to see at some point, but I can't get out of it, and no button or key that I push allows me to exit the game or get to any other menu.  I have to alt-tab just to get back to windows and shut down the game manually.

I did recently update my Nvidia driver for my 9800GTX+ to the latest 182.01 version, so don't know if that is an issue.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks! ???