Lost profile

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Lost profileVianney03/11/2009 - 02:39

Hi,

Due to a virus followed by a partition error, I had to reformat my windows drive and reinstall a new one. My games are installed on another partition though, and I'm somehow able to play the game from there without having reinstalled it. I also went through my windows system directories and saved what i needed to keep from there (%documents% points to another drive, but lots of apps put stuff in %user%/appdata etc.), so I believe i would have noticed if i had WoG stuff in there to be saved.

Now all my profiles have been lost and it only lets me start from scratch and create 3 new profiles.
Is there a way to recover my lost ID and 1000ish goo balls?

Thanks!

Re: Lost profileMattOG03/11/2009 - 06:54

http://hell.student.utwente.nl/wog/ wrote:
Where is the profiles data file stored?

* On Microsoft Windows XP:
      %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo
    * On Microsoft Windows Vista:
      %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo
    * On Linux (native):
      $HOME/.WorldOfGoo
    * On Linux using Wine:
      $HOME/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/$USER/Local Settings/Application Data/2DBoy/WorldOfGoo
    * On Mac OS X:
      /Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/WorldOfGoo/pers2.dat

Re: Lost profileVianney03/12/2009 - 01:27

Thanks for the answer Matt.
I guess i'll have to replay the whole game then. Oh well, i've had worst things to do :)