Mac Version questions

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Mac Version questionswtl04/06/2009 - 01:30

Firstly, what a fun game which I got as part of the MacHeist.

Some questions;

There don't seem to be any prefs - are they hidden?

How does one change the music volume or turn it off?

Change the screen resolution or play windowed?  World of Goo seems to want to play around 600 pixels high, and re-sizes all my open windows to that size... which is really strange looking on my 1920x1200 monitor. ;-)

Thanks

Last modified Mon, 04/06/2009 - 01:34 by wtl
Re: Mac Version questionsTheHermit04/06/2009 - 11:28

The answers to all your questions can be found by searching these forums...

Re: Mac Version questionsaza04/30/2009 - 13:31

Wow way to not be helpful at all - as at least one other person *searching* the forums for these answers, this is the first post I came across.  You took the time to answer but not be helpful in any way...

If I find the answers I'll edit this post with links to the answers.

-Aza

Edit 1:  I have no sound!
Answer: http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,676.0.html
Note: Note that you will need the 1.1.2c library, not the 1.1.2b library

Edit 2:  I'm stuck at 800x600 resolution!
  Answer: based off of question I found here http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1713.0.html

Details:

Right click on your World of Goo application and select "Show Package Contents"
  Navigate into Contents-->Resources-->game-->properties
  Edit the file "config.txt" in Text Edit
  Change the value of the variables "screen_width" and "screen_height" to what your monitor is set to

If you're not sure what those are, look at the Display preferences in System Preferences on your system

Last modified Thu, 04/30/2009 - 13:58 by aza
Re: Mac Version questionsStickybomb6704/30/2009 - 14:58

No, no, and  ???.

Re: Mac Version questionsTheHermit05/01/2009 - 09:12

[quote author=aza link=topic=1740.msg12060#msg12060 date=1241116319]
Wow way to not be helpful at all - as at least one other person *searching* the forums for these answers, this is the first post I came across.  You took the time to answer but not be helpful in any way...

If I was being unhelpful I would have said "yet another first poster who can't be bothered to look for the answer them selves!" Instead I pointed out that by searching these forums answers to all his questions could be found. Are you trying to say I was unhelpful because I couldn't be bothered to do what the original poster couldn't be bothered to do either?

:o ::) :) :D ;D 8)

Re: Mac Version questionstas031305/09/2009 - 21:35

I was able to change the size of the window to "maximum" and now I can't figure out how to resize back to a smaller size, so i can do little things like change volume, etc., from the Mac toolbar.  I found the instructions on how to change resolution, but I'm not sure how that relates to the maximize/regular size window.  Help?

Re: Mac Version questionsSoultaker05/10/2009 - 07:46

Not sure if I understand what you're asking, but does hitting Alt-Enter fix it?

Re: Mac Version questionsJollyRogers10/17/2009 - 15:00

Aza;
Thanks. The forum is not well organized and the search function is terrible. The only other issue I have... How the heck do I update a retail boxed version 1.0 for Mac OS X. I got this today for the wife and am trying to setup for her. I got resized resolution, and working on sound now... but no upgrade to 1.2?

Re: Mac Version questionsMetal_Link10/17/2009 - 15:11

Yes, the search feature is rather fail here... So I've deemed it fitting to post here along with the other questions about the Mac version of this wonderful game. 8)

How about getting the game connected online for the Corporation level? It is failing to connect, and no matter how many times I pound on that sign, it does not connect. Is the server down or is it just me?

I'm running Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) on a MacBook Pro (non-unibody).

If the server is indeed down, what of the Windows version? I took the liberty of downloading the Windows version while I was grabbing the Mac version. If the Windows version has the server working, then it is no big deal to me and I'll just make use of the game in Windows.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Mac Version questionsJollyRogers10/17/2009 - 15:45

The server on 2D is down temporarily I believe :o

OK got sound working. And am going through the 30 pages of posts for how to update to latest version for Mac since my retail version is 1.0. Also looking for widescreen fixes for Mac.