Spyware Doctor & World of Goo - Quick Fix! No more problems!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Spyware Doctor & World of Goo - Quick Fix! No more problems!fudgywudgy04/07/2009 - 08:22

This Fix has only been tested on Windows XP (Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3), but this fix may similarly apply to Vista users as well.

This addresses the problem with playing World of Goo while running Spyware Doctor.  This fix will allow you to play World of Goo without having to close Spyware Doctor each time you want to play!  If you are unable to start World of Goo because of the latest version of Spyware Doctor just right-click on your World of Goo shortcut (found either on you desktop or in your start menu) and select "Properties".  After selecting "Properties" you should see 3 tabs at the top of the window - "General", "Shortcut", and "Compatibility".  Click on the tab that says "Compatibility".  Next, click the little box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" - you should now see a checkmark in this box.  Now, just click on the little drop down arrow and select "Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)".  This just means you will now be running World of Goo in Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5) Compatibility mode (rather obvious really, but there are a lot of people out there that have never used this feature before).  Once you have selected this compatibility mode make sure to apply the changes to your short-cut by clicking on "Apply" in order to save these changes.  Doing the above fix will not harm your system in any way.  This fix might not work for everyone but it should work for most people.  Everyone's computer is different and has different resources running in the background, so if this fix does not work for you it may be because you have other system resources that are causing a conflict but I hope this will help cure some of the headaches that were caused by the recent Spyware Doctor update.

Voila!  Now you should be able to run the game without having to shut down Spyware Doctor! ;D

Hopefully someone will find this helpful!

Cheers!   :D

Last modified Wed, 04/08/2009 - 18:06 by fudgywudgy
Re: Play World of Goo with Spyware Doctor still running - Quick Fix!Stammerman04/07/2009 - 12:43

You're lovely you are, really lovely, thank you, it works.

Re: Play World of Goo with Spyware Doctor still running - Quick Fix!fudgywudgy04/08/2009 - 18:02

[quote author=Stammerman link=topic=1745.msg11489#msg11489 date=1239126223]
You're lovely you are, really lovely, thank you, it works.

My pleasure.  ;D

I'm glad it worked for you!  I noticed a lot of other people are having the same problem so hopefully this little fix will be useful for everyone else that uses Spyware Doctor as well.

Take care and have fun with the Goo!  :D