Going to format this weekend ... any way I can save progress?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Going to format this weekend ... any way I can save progress?essential04/09/2009 - 18:09

I'm going to format my PC this weekend because it sucks and I can't stand it anymore.  Anyway, are there any files in the World of Goo folder I can backup and over-write after I install it again and it'll have my saved game?

Thanks.

Re: Going to format this weekend ... any way I can save progress?TheHermit04/09/2009 - 18:14

Look here to find out where your WoG profile is stored. Place it back after your re-install and everything will be saved.

Re: Going to format this weekend ... any way I can save progress?essential04/09/2009 - 20:28

Awesome, thanks!

Re: Going to format this weekend ... any way I can save progress?essential04/12/2009 - 16:38

I did what you said, I copyed the "pers2.dat" file, I formatted and reinstalled Goo, replaced the file and it's not reading it.  It just has 3 "new" profiles and I have to create my username.  Is there anyway to force to to see my old "pers2.dat" file, or am i screwed?

Re: Going to format this weekend ... any way I can save progress?TheHermit04/12/2009 - 17:04

This is just a guess, but may be worth a try:

1 - make sure you have your original pers2.dat file somewhere safe.
2 - start WoG and create a profile with the same name as you had before.
3 - overwrite the new pers2.dat with your original.
4 - hope it worked...

If your on Vista make sure that you have followed the instructions elsewhere on this forum for setting compatability and administrator privaliges. That can cause a problem where your progress isn't saved.

Re: Going to format this weekend ... any way I can save progress?essential04/12/2009 - 17:17

I am on Windows XP, but what you said above worked.  Creating the profile, then overwriting worked, thanks again!