HELP DELETED PROFILE!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
HELP DELETED PROFILE!Gooman104/16/2009 - 09:39

Hi im new to the fourms and only a couple of minutes ago i was playing world of goo when my computer crashed and i was given a blue screen. I went back onto the game after it reset to hopefully finish Alice and Bob and The Third Party level. The game opened fine and when i tried to get back to my file it was gone  :o . Nothing was their just a screen saying New Profile over again. Please tell me i can get my file back somehow  ??? ?

P.s A level selector hack could be good to.

Re: HELP DELETED PROFILE!Stickybomb6704/16/2009 - 14:00

Download a pers2.dat.
It won't be exact, but you can work on it.
P.S. Level selector? Please specify.
www.goofans.com
Go here if you're stuck; They just got a bunch of new authors and moderators, so we're expecting level help soon.
They already have a troubleshooting FAQ.

Last modified Thu, 04/16/2009 - 14:07 by Stickybomb67
Re: HELP DELETED PROFILE!TheHermit04/16/2009 - 16:03

[quote author=Gooman1 link=topic=1772.msg11707#msg11707 date=1239892789]
Hi im new to the fourms and only a couple of minutes ago i was playing world of goo when my computer crashed and i was given a blue screen. I went back onto the game after it reset to hopefully finish Alice and Bob and The Third Party level. The game opened fine and when i tried to get back to my file it was gone  :o . Nothing was their just a screen saying New Profile over again. Please tell me i can get my file back somehow  ??? ?

P.s A level selector hack could be good to.

It should have still saved your progress to end of the previous level, so here are a few questions to see if you have something set wrong:

Mac or PC?
OS? (XP, Vista, Linux - which one, Mac OSX)

Had you previously played the game before today?
Were you mid-level or during the end sequence when it crashed?

Re: HELP DELETED PROFILE!Gooman104/17/2009 - 02:30

I was using a Windows Vista when my computer crashed, it wasn't the games fault because it happens  regularly with my computer. Also hermit i had played the game twice in that day and i was in mid level. Also stickybomb were could i download a new pers2.dat. Preferably one that is completed or up to chapter 4.

Re: HELP DELETED PROFILE!TheHermit04/17/2009 - 10:57

By saying you played the game twice you mean you'd quit WoG completely before returning to it?
Just checking to make sure you had it saving your progress properly!

Oh. Do you know what version of WoG you using? Current for PC is 1.30.
Someone could probably edit a pers2.dat so that up to chapter 4 shows as completed, but you would have their times, number of goo, etc.
If that doesn't bother you than I may be able to help.

I can also send you a couple of batch files that will backup/restore your pers2.dat when you run them if you like.

Re: HELP DELETED PROFILE!Stickybomb6704/17/2009 - 14:34

There was a link somewhere, buried under all my useless posts...

Re: HELP DELETED PROFILE!Gooman104/19/2009 - 01:07

Hermit yes you are correct i quit and returned two it twice that day and it did save also dose the newer version of world of goo help save because i have not updated i think. Also if you could can u please send me a edited pers2.dat so i can get back my file.. kinda.

Re: HELP DELETED PROFILE!Gooman104/19/2009 - 08:06

Guys don't worry about iv been glued to this game for the whole day and i am almost up two were i was up two. Thanks anyway.

Re: HELP DELETED PROFILE!Stickybomb6704/19/2009 - 10:47

No problem. ;D
I have, like, no life. ;)

Re: HELP DELETED PROFILE!TheHermit04/20/2009 - 11:11

[quote author=Gooman1 link=topic=1772.msg11808#msg11808 date=1240146369]
Guys don't worry about iv been glued to this game for the whole day and i am almost up two were i was up two. Thanks anyway.

Well make sure you back up your pers2.dat file then! ;)