World of goo, Steam and french language.

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of goo, Steam and french language.Dragondin04/18/2009 - 03:19

Hi 2D Boy.

I write this little topic (sorry for my poor english) for two thing :

1 - I have download the game like many people on a torrent website BUT the game was so cool, I have buy it this morning (Local Time in France) on the steam plateform. And all my apology for the download. I hope, you will don't hate my after.

2 - When I buy the game on the steam plateform, I have thinking the game was in french. And finaly no, he was in english. Do you  have a patch or a file who can modify the game language ?

Thank you 2D boy for your job.

Re: World of goo, Steam and french language.Soultaker04/18/2009 - 09:04

You can change the language in the config.txt file, which is located in: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\ common\World Of Goo\properties
This path may be different on your computer (especially if you use a non-English version of Windows) but you should be able to figure it out.

You can just open the config file with Notepad and change the language parameter from "en" to "fr".

By the way, while you're messing with the properties subdirectory, you may notice that there is a file there called text.xml.bin. This file contains all translations. In addition to the official translations included in the game, there are also fan-made translations (into many different languages); in many cases these translations improve upon those included in the game, so while you're at it, you may want to download an updated text.xml.bin file here for the best possible game experience. :)