Worldofgoo.exe has stopped working

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Worldofgoo.exe has stopped workingbazz.smith04/19/2009 - 05:13

Help Please

I have installed the download version of worldofgoo.  It runs fine from the Installation ie if I select the "get dirty" option at the end of the install.  Then when I exit and try to run from the desktop short cut it fails to load and I get the error "worldofgoo.exe has stopped working" and Windows stops the program.  Any ideas as it appears I have bought a game that does not work.

I am running Windows Vista on a Toshiba satellite laptop.

Re: Worldofgoo.exe has stopped workingStickybomb6704/19/2009 - 10:51

[quote author=bazz.smith link=topic=1782.msg11805#msg11805 date=1240135988]
Help Please

I have installed the download version of worldofgoo.  It runs fine from the Installation ie if I select the "get dirty" option at the end of the install.  Then when I exit and try to run from the desktop short cut it fails to load and I get the error "worldofgoo.exe has stopped working" and Windows stops the program.  Any ideas as it appears I have bought a game that does not work.

I am running Windows Vista on a Toshiba satellite laptop.

'Get dirty'? :o
Do you have the 1.30 patch?
Did you download it from 2dboy.com or did you get it elsewhere?
Other than that, It is probably a hardware issue.