Not running in Vista

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Not running in Vistajackofspades05/06/2009 - 04:45

I just bought WoG through Steam and when I try to launch it through Steam it tells me it's unavailable. It has been doing it for hours. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I have restarted steam multiple times. I have restarted the computer. I tried running the Worldofgoo.exe from "C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common" and it says "This application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event logs for more details." I am unable to find the event logs to check. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Re: Not running in Vistaspazturtle05/07/2009 - 06:23

contact valve

Re: Not running in VistaMatoking05/11/2009 - 07:59

Ironically, I found out that when enabling administrator mode in World of Goo Demo in Vista (which most of time fixes errors and thingamajigs) it makes it not work instead. Try DISABLING Administrator mode if it is enabled.

It also gives "Game not available" error in Steam when it is enabled.

Re: Not running in VistaStickybomb6705/11/2009 - 14:57

Don't unfix the bug.