Demo works but paid version does not (XP)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Demo works but paid version does not (XP)perelandra05/07/2009 - 09:45

Just finished the demo, bought and downloaded the full verison, which does not work. The version I paid for just crashes with a huge error log which contains identifying information so I can't post it here. Am very frustrated after spending more time trying to figure out how to use the awkwardforum as instaling the game. Does anybody have an email address to contactt? I'm so sick and tired of trying to get this game to work that I'd prefer to just get my money back.

Re: Demo works but paid version does not (XP)TheHermit05/07/2009 - 11:00

Three options are available to you:
1 - Post the error log WITHOUT the identifiying information in it so we can help you get it working
2 - Search the forums for a solution to your problem by putting in details of what the error log says
3 - Tell us where you got it from (2DBoy's site, Steam, Retail Boxed, etc.) so we can tell you who to contact for refund

Re: Demo works but paid version does not (XP)MaGaO07/03/2009 - 08:10

Just in case it is a permissions problem, please check this: http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1775.msg13417.html#msg13417

Re: Demo works but paid version does not (XP)jmleleven07/03/2009 - 08:47

If the window that pops up says: "Fatal Error!" then the log is in the WoG directory, and called crash.txt. If the box says, "WorldofGoo.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.", then somewhere on the page, or on the page after you click on "See what this error report contains", you will find a temporary directory to the log. Be sure not to close the window when looking for the log.