No email from Paypal

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
No email from Paypalbishoz05/09/2009 - 02:06

Really really not impressed.
I buy games online all the time - got lots of raves about the goo - played thedemo - got hooked - now no goo! I have been using paypal for years - account is valid - got the word from Paypal that 2Dboy has my money - but no email to download the game!
I note emails going back to last year reporting the same problem. I try Option 1 and 2 - one says resent - the second says "Manual Email Bot is having trouble finding your order. Did you type in your information correctly? Are you using the email address paypal has on file for you? If you think this is an error, no worries, please contact us at the link below, and a human will help you as soon as possible!"
Not at all impressed. Did I mention that already? >:(

Re: No email from PaypalStickybomb6705/09/2009 - 07:17

Whoa, whoa. Calm down. :-[
It's fixable.
Check your spam folder.
Contact 2D Boy.
If necessary, buy it again, trust me, the full game is worth more than $20.

Re: No email from Paypalbishoz05/09/2009 - 22:21

It's fixable. - I hope so!
Check your spam folder. - done that
Contact 2D Boy. - did that too and was instructed to follow exactly the same links I tried several times yesterday - didn't work today either.
If necessary, buy it again, trust me, the full game is worth more than $20 - I'm not going to put more money through paypal in the probably fruitless hope that "it'll work this time". I'm sure the full game is really good - that's why I bought it. Now I'd like to play it!
Thanks for the reply anyway.

Re: No email from Paypalbishoz05/09/2009 - 22:35

Got it!
Happy now.
I switched off all spam filters at the ISP level and that seemed to do the trick. Thankfully my ISP allows that functionality.
All good!

Re: No email from PaypalStickybomb6705/10/2009 - 07:00

Hope you like the game! ;D