How do I uninstall the demo ? (Linux)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
How do I uninstall the demo ? (Linux)fil_razorback05/14/2009 - 20:24

Hello there. I played a bit of World of Goo at a friend's place and I loved it.
I downloaded the demo to see how it would run on my (old) computer and it runs just fine so I'm going to buy it. Before doing so I'd like to uninstall the demo to avoid messing things, but I have no idea how to do this.

I know my question is lame, but I'm quite new to Linux and I couldnt find anything in the various menus I tried nor an obvious "uninstall" file. My distribution is Linux Mint.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How do I uninstall the demo ? (Linux)Soultaker05/15/2009 - 07:51

You used the .deb package to install, right? I don't know much about Mint Linux, but I read you should be able to uninstall packages by right-clicking the application icon and then selecting the Uninstall option.

If that doesn't work, you should be able to open a console and run: sudo apt-get uninstall WorldOfGooDemo.

(By the way, the demo and full version can be installed/uninstalled independently without losing your progress data, so you don't have to uninstall the demo before installing the full version, although I can imagine you want to uninstall it anyway since the demo has little use once you've installed the full version.)

Last modified Fri, 05/15/2009 - 07:55 by Soultaker
Re: How do I uninstall the demo ? (Linux)fil_razorback05/15/2009 - 11:06

I didnt have an icon anywhere, but your line to uninstall using apt worked. Thank you.