Hard Drive crashed - bounced back multiple levels

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Hard Drive crashed - bounced back multiple levelsjimmy durante05/25/2009 - 13:11

My HD crashed bigtime and my backup was well over a week old. I was almost to the end of "Cog in the Machine" when it happened. After I restored the drive from backup, I'm bounced back to the beginning of ""Little Miss World of Goo."

Is there any way I can get back to where I was without starting over?

(Probably not, I suppose, but it never hurts to ask!)

Re: Hard Drive crashed - bounced back multiple levelsdavidc05/25/2009 - 18:07

[quote author=jimmy durante link=topic=1880.msg12643#msg12643 date=1243275094]
Is there any way I can get back to where I was without starting over?

'Fraid not. Though the levels will be much easier now that you know what to do :-)

-davidc

Re: Hard Drive crashed - bounced back multiple levelsjimmy durante05/25/2009 - 19:27

Thanks, davidc. That's kinda what I thought: otherwise it would be too easy to cheat.

Well, this way I'll get a lot more play time out of this game, and, besides, Little Miss Goo was pretty hot in her own way, as I recall. So I won't so much mind spending a bit of extra time with her as I take this rest on my heroic quest. I'm thinking Aeneas and Dido, dude.