Purchased from playgreenhouse.com, looking for Linux version

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Purchased from playgreenhouse.com, looking for Linux versionfuzzyping06/12/2009 - 20:14

I first heard about WoG through Penny Arcade and subsequently purchased it through http://www.playgreenhouse.com/ to play on Windows/Mac.  Now that there's a full Linux version, I'd love to heave that to play on my laptop (I sold my Mac).  Greenhouse doesn't appear to carry the Linux version, is there any way for me to gain access through 2DBoy?

Thanks,
JD

Re: Purchased from playgreenhouse.com, looking for Linux versionjmleleven06/13/2009 - 12:20

hmmmm... maybe you could send an email to 2d boy, and promise to uninstall the one you have now and have them give you the linux version, or, you can buy it again :P

Re: Purchased from playgreenhouse.com, looking for Linux versionfuzzyping06/14/2009 - 15:36

I already uninstalled the other version... I reinstalled OS X on my Mac before selling it.  I would go so far as to re-purchase it through 2dboy.com, but it would be great if they just provided me with the Linux version.  Like many of us here, I've been shouting the praises of WoG far and wide.  I'm sure they've made at least 20 extra sales because of my word-of-mouth.

But again, I will buy it again if I have to.  It's that good.

Re: Purchased from playgreenhouse.com, looking for Linux versionSoultaker06/14/2009 - 16:28

I'm afraid you're out of luck, sorry...

Just out of curiosity: what was the reason you decided to buy the game from Greenhouse instead of 2D Boy directly?

Re: Purchased from playgreenhouse.com, looking for Linux versionfuzzyping06/16/2009 - 00:04

As I mentioned, I first heard about WoG through Penny Arcade.  They linked to it at Greenhouse.  I didn't know anything about 2DBoy, so it seemed reasonable that Greenhouse was the primary outlet for purchasing WoG.  It wasn't until later that I looked up 2DBoy and saw they sold it themselves.