Garbled Graphics with Vista....

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Garbled Graphics with Vista.... bnddbl0706/22/2009 - 22:07

Hey,

I am running Vista (with all the latest updates and such).  Video Card is a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS. 

I am having EXACTLY the same problem as this post (http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1304.0.html), but I don't use either Linix or Wine (don't even know what that is!). 

I had the same issue a while back with World of Warcraft, but after a later patch update it went away. 

I have read the help note at http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1321.0.html but as no Wine is in use...  Didn't really help to much :)  I found only one reference to OpenGL, it was under "Shockwave 8".  Does this help???

Thanks for all in site.

Bond

Re: Garbled Graphics with Vista.... bnddbl0706/22/2009 - 22:10

To add to the fun... I tried to do a print screen to post an image... but when I do.... IT LOOKS FINE!!!  oye... 

thanks!

Re: Garbled Graphics with Vista.... jmleleven06/23/2009 - 07:31

[quote author=bnddbl07 link=topic=1932.msg13190#msg13190 date=124572646]
I had the same issue a while back with World of Warcraft, but after a later patch update it went away.
Try getting the patch for WoG! www.worldofgoo.com/dl2.php?lk=patch
If not this, then because of it printing fine, i could be your monitor. (Most likely not, though. Probly the patch. Or, the patch could make the monitor work, and it's both the patch and monitor causing it. Anyways, get the patch if you haven't already.)

Re: Garbled Graphics with Vista.... bnddbl0706/23/2009 - 08:47

Thanks, I will try this. 

I saw that the patch was available, but because it said "if you have downloaded 1.30, don't bother"  I didn't :-D  At this point I'm willing to try anything.  I played WoG for about 3 hrs last night.... the spots are annoying....