Demo messed priviledges in openSUSE

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Demo messed priviledges in openSUSElazer07/12/2009 - 03:53

Hello!

I installed the 1.41 version of the demo on 64-bit openSUSE 11.1 and after I ran it my priviledges as a user got really messed (see my post on the openSUSE forum: http://forums.opensuse.org/applications/417672-system-policy-denies-access-various-things.html). Now I can only use sound and internet if I log in as the root user.

Re: Demo messed priviledges in openSUSESoultaker07/12/2009 - 10:43

I assume this is with the RPM package of the game, right?

Neither the RPM package nor the game should change permissions on existing files, so I suspect there is some other problem on your system, although I'm not familiar enough with OpenSUSE to determine what that might be.

(Incidentally, are there any other 64-bit OpenSUSE users here that tried the new package on their system?)

Re: Demo messed priviledges in openSUSElazer07/12/2009 - 22:32

Yes, the RPM version.

I don't think it actually changed file permissions... It seems to have something to do with the PolicyKit in openSUSE which works on top of the usual file rights management (if I understand correctly). I had the Compiz desktop effects on when I first ran the demo, but according to the documentation there are some problems with WoG and desktop effects...

Some people have got it running well on openSUSE because I saw them praising the game on the forums. ;)