OMG Is this dude serious?!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
OMG Is this dude serious?!rednay10/05/2008 - 02:24

hi, I wanna know if you need vista to play Wog. i have XP. and im not sure if I can run it on my pc because its prehistoric...

can someone tell me more about my problem?

Tnxs :)

Re: OMG Is this dude serious?!HexagonalBolts10/05/2008 - 03:42

Well as for having XP as the operating system I would bet a very large amount of money against Vista being a requirement, - I can't promise you that though I'm not actually sure.

as for the actual specifications:

• 1.0 GHz or faster CPU
• 3D Graphics Card
• DirectX 9
• 512MB RAM (1GB Recommended)
• 100MB hard drive space

Which, if you don't know, is really quite low.

If on your computer you press start, go to 'run', and type in 'dxdiag' (direct x diagnostic) and press enter then a screen will come up telling you the specifications of your computer. Post them here if you don't understand them and someone on the forum can tell you if it will run or not.

There is a thread about specifications in the 'official discussion club' section

Sorry if any of that is patronising I don't know your level of experience  ;)

Re: OMG Is this dude serious?!Tom Brouws10/05/2008 - 09:34

Vista is not required. XP will most certainly do well.

Re: OMG Is this dude serious?!Freddybear10/07/2008 - 22:27

I also have XP and it works just fine for me.

Re: OMG Is this dude serious?!Windexglow10/07/2008 - 23:56

The biggest problem you could run into is the ram.  The rest of the requirements are mostly default on computers 5 years old.

Re: OMG Is this dude serious?!torusturtle10/08/2008 - 02:03

Can confirm XP. Even on an old P4 with 1GB RAM.
Works without problems.

Re: OMG Is this dude serious?!Hideous10/08/2008 - 06:24

I'll confirm XP as well, with a dual core processor underclocked to ~760 Mhz (to save battery), an integrated video card and ~768 MB of shared memory.

Re: OMG Is this dude serious?!saraswati10/10/2008 - 00:26

I have XP and I'm playing WOG with NO trouble.. hate Vista, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot bargepole.