Computer's Graphic's option changed when aplying - very dark and hard to see.

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Computer's Graphic's option changed when aplying - very dark and hard to see.a_huge_rooster10/16/2009 - 22:23

My monitor sucks and is too dark to watch videos or play games with the default graphics options. I have to change the contrast and gamma in "Graphics Properties" to fix this issue. However, whenever I boot up World of Goo, my settings go back to the default. When I go back to my desktop and change anything, it instantly goes back to what I set it to, but it always reverts to default when I play. This makes playing many levels very hard, such as the World of Goo Corporate Headquarters and the last couple levels of chapter 1. Any one know how to fix this?

Re: Computer's Graphic's option changed when aplying - very dark and hard to see.GMMan10/17/2009 - 19:58

Two ways that might work:

1. Have WoG use your resolution: edit the config.txt to set it to your current resolution and refresh rate so that the resolution doesn't get changed. Might not work for big desktops.

2. Change your current resolution to 800*600 and adjust contrast/gamma: Change your current resolution to 800*600 60Hz and adjust your settings then. Change the resolution back to normal and the settings should stick when playing WoG. If not, just set your resolution to 800*600 and switch it back when you're done playing.