Transfer saved game from preview to retail game?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Transfer saved game from preview to retail game?tengblad10/05/2008 - 12:44

Hiya,

I pre-orderd World of Goo a week or so back and since then I have been enjoying the Chapter 1 preview immensely. I've spent more time playing it over the last seven days than I probably should've. During this time I've managed to save a lot of Goo balls for the Goo Corporation, and I am now a little worried that all this hard work will go to waste when the retail game ships.

So my question is this - will it be possible to transfer saved games from the preview over to the full version of the game?

If not, then that is quite fine too, of course - all that means is that I'll have to play through Chapter 1 again, which is something I'll be more than happy to do!

Re: Transfer saved game from preview to retail game?Hideous10/05/2008 - 13:02

1. Yeah I was wondering the same thing too.

2. Your world of goo corporation tower is tiny and I beat it  :P

Re: Transfer saved game from preview to retail game?tengblad10/05/2008 - 13:09

It is tiny because the game keeps crashing on me when I get past 5.8 m in height. :/

Besides, it's not the size that matters. It's how goo-d you are with it!

Re: Transfer saved game from preview to retail game?Nic Freed10/06/2008 - 14:01

meh heh, newbies chating, so thats how they spread the word to others... just joking guys, but serioudly, dont tell to many people, or everyone will forget about me... :(

Re: Transfer saved game from preview to retail game?kyle10/06/2008 - 14:35

The game changed a lot between the preview and the final build, so you cannot transfer the preview's save file over.

Re: Transfer saved game from preview to retail game?Wolfeman10/06/2008 - 14:42

cool, gives me a excuse to replay the first chapter.

Re: Transfer saved game from preview to retail game?Hideous10/06/2008 - 14:46

Had the same thought. Works for me! :D