Installer problems

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Installer problemsSkinypupy10/17/2009 - 10:28

Hi there.  I downloaded the WoG installer and when I try to run it, I get an error message saying:

"Installer Integrity Check has failed.  Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media.  Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."

I've tried re-downloading the executable 3 times and keep getting the same message.  Any ideas on what to do to fix it?

Re: Installer problemsdark_killer10/17/2009 - 11:15

I downloaded the game today and I have the same problem!

Re: Installer problemsChisel10/17/2009 - 16:16

Same here.
Vista 64 machine, getting the NSIS error stating the download may be corrupted.

Any help from support yet?

Da_Chisel

Re: Installer problemsChisel10/17/2009 - 16:47

The error states that the file could be either incomplete or corrupted. Well, the file size of the finished file is (according to firefox) 64.1megs, while the 3 attemps I have attempted to download have a different size, all lower (29 megs, 57 megs, 39 megs).

Could it be that their server is swamped because of reddit`s link to this event and the connection cant be held because of that?

Anyone want to share their thoughts?

Re: Installer problemsflipflop7710/17/2009 - 17:20

Got exactly the same problem as the above posts.  Anyone any ideas please

Re: Installer problemsChisel10/17/2009 - 17:39

Hello again,

The problem resolved itself. Tried downloading for a 4th time and this time it went through correctly.

This game rocks, going to install my PC on my 42" to play this..

Have a good time and good luck!

Re: Installer problemsGMMan10/17/2009 - 19:42

Firefox (especially old versions) tends to have this sort of problem with partial downloads saved as a complete download. Your best bet is to use a download manager (such as FlashGet, which I like) to avoid the problem.
(Or Internet Explore, unthinkable!)