Problems in Linux

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Problems in Linuxbubblellicious10/17/2009 - 13:24

Hi there guys! I just bought the game with this b-day promotion and I've downloaded it for GNU/Linux (Fedora). So I download the *.tar.gz and when I try to start the game an error is displayed, so I've uploaded de log for you guys. I hope you can help me coz I've tried WoG on Windows and it rules! But in Linux it'd be better ;D

Link @ Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/294313904/WorldOfGoo.log

Thank you in advance and greetings from Spain :D

Re: Problems in LinuxSoultaker10/17/2009 - 15:31

This looks similar to this thread: it appears you have no video modes with OpenGL support configured. What video card and drivers are you using? Could you test with another OpenGL application (or glxgears, if you have it) and see if this works?

(Unrelated to your problem, but I'd like to point out that Fedora users should try to install the RPM package, if possible. The .tar.gz works fine too, of course, but can be a little harder to install and run for novice users.)

Re: Problems in LinuxRandomSteve10/18/2009 - 13:09

download the RPM version and see if that works.