Save Games Problems

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Save Games ProblemsBunglelow10/19/2009 - 17:21

Hey,

It seems my save game keeps getting deleted.

First play session i get up to the final stage of chapter 1. Exit level, save (i.e go to profiles click my profile name). Exit Game.

Next time i play my profile is no longer there, no biggy. Start new profile. Complete chapter 1, save, exit. Go back in, profile is there, save, exit, shutdown.

Try to play again and my profile is once again gone, leaving me dazed and confused.

Any ideas?

Im running 32-bit Vista on a HP G7000 laptop. There was no pers2.dat in programdata/worldofgoo but there was in user/appdata but copy/pasting from app to programdata didnt solve the issue either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, although im not compeltely adverse to attempting to complete it in one game session; being able to save reliably would be nice :P.

Cheers

Re: Save Games Problemsblind-monkey10/19/2009 - 18:40

hi, problem has just happend to myself... has deleted my save account... i found the .dat file (although im using a mac) and reinstalled it swapping the file and still no file back... i managed the get half way through the second level before it deleted my proflie... plz someone help us!

Re: Save Games ProblemsGMMan10/19/2009 - 21:32

@bunglelow: You know that you don't have to click your profile name, do you? The game'll save automatically when you exit. I've Alt-F4'd a lot of times and my game comes back exactly as I left it (the state, not the current level structure or anything like that).

Isn't the saves supposed to be in /AppData, not /User/username/AppData? Win6 has a lot of stuff shifted around for no good reasons.

Re: Save Games ProblemsBunglelow10/20/2009 - 06:24

Whoops... I didn't know that. Well, every day's a school day and all that.

Still, doesn't explain the profile deleting issue. As far as i've been able to find out save games are stored either in:

c:\ProgramData\2Dboy\WorldofGoo (This did not have a pers2.dat)
or
c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\2DBoy\WorldofGoo (This had a pers2.dat file)

Re: Save Games ProblemsGMMan10/21/2009 - 22:12

Huh. Whoops. I meant ProgramData. Haven't been near Vista for some time. Anyways, maybe your profile has corruption. Try deleting the ProgramData and AppData folders for 2D Boy and search and destroy registry entries about 2D Boy (most likely in HKCU\Software).

Re: Save Games ProblemsBunglelow10/27/2009 - 21:18

Tried a re-download and re-install but still to no avail.

Any ideas?

Re: Save Games ProblemsthB11/03/2009 - 17:34

This problem was discussed here a few months ago, try searching the forum. Sorry I don't have a more specific answer, but don't have time to search right now. And btw, progess is saved every time you finish a level, not only when you quit the game.

Re: Save Games ProblemsSoultaker11/04/2009 - 11:22

Does this problem occur with the latest version (1.30 for Windows)?

Re: Save Games ProblemsBunglelow11/17/2009 - 13:59

Hey, i'll have a quick search of the forums now.

As far as im aware it is the current version, i used the link from the Pay what you want event which is listed as 1.30.

Re: Save Games Problemsninrocket11/24/2009 - 00:02

Read this thread I started:
http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2326.0.html
It should solve your problem.

Re: Save Games ProblemsBunglelow11/29/2009 - 21:30

Hey,

The above solution seems to have worked, hopefully i'll be able to experience act 3 and beyond now.

Thanks for your help.