no Polish letters in Polish translations

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
no Polish letters in Polish translationsarek10/23/2009 - 08:52

Hi, i succeed changed language in WoG but in polish translation lack polish letters "ąęśćźżłó" ekzample CHAPTER 1 is transated to "ROZDZIA" instead "ROZDZIAŁ" and so on. How fix it? I think that porblem is in wrong fonsts which no contain polish letters, but i cannot add another font beacouse format of font is diffrent than TTF or same another popular.
It's seriouse problem beacouse same word have diffrend meaning if they havn't this letters.

Re: no Polish letters in Polish translationsGMMan10/23/2009 - 09:11

It's probably possible to add to the font set if you can create a consistent character and add it to the font image and make an entry in the font definition file. Then you have to edit the XML files to insert that extra character.

Re: no Polish letters in Polish translationsSoultaker10/23/2009 - 14:02

At some point there was a Polish language font pack that you needed to install along with the updated text.xml.bin.

Unfortunately, the link on the wiki doesn't work anymore... Are there any Poles here who still have it? If so, I'd be willing to host it again... (Or the translation could be packaged into a Goomod and posted on Goofans.com)