Will WOG be fixed to work with UAC?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Will WOG be fixed to work with UAC?Tiibiidii10/25/2009 - 14:57

just want to know if (and when) a patch will be issued to fix the known problem of the UAC compatibility (needs administrator rights to run)

and besides that, i find disturbing that the savegames for all users are kept together, will you work to separate user data files while you're at it?
(BTW on linux it works fine and keeps different account's data correctly separated, good job over there!)

Re: Will WOG be fixed to work with UAC?spazturtle10/26/2009 - 15:09

I what to know when UAC will be fixed to work with programes, oh wait you can change UAC settings to work with programes

Re: Will WOG be fixed to work with UAC?Tiibiidii10/26/2009 - 15:52

[quote author=spazturtle link=topic=2155.msg14946#msg14946 date=1256587759]
I what to know when UAC will be fixed to work with programes, oh wait you can change UAC settings to work with programes

no, actually you can't

you can only disable it entirely (which is a BAD BAD practice)

trust me: i've tried with the application compatibility toolkit and tweaking all sort of stuff, but it can't be done (otoh, the uac tries hard to comply with badly behaving software, so while i blame them for not providing an /etc/sudoers of sort, the fault isn't theirs )