How to install Linux version

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
How to install Linux versionZeke141211/03/2009 - 19:36

Hi, i bought a license for each member of my family with the birthday sale, but my mother doesnt know hot to install it so she asked me. The problem now is that i dont know either how to install games in linux. Its Asus Eee, dont know thw linux version and also dont know which one of the 3 linux files is the one i need xD.
If someone could explain please...
Thank u all for help.

Re: How to install Linux versionNicosmos11/04/2009 - 06:52

Hi ! :)
I believe the Eee system is based on Debian. So you can probably download the Debian package (.deb), launch it and the game will be installed. Then, I think you will find a shortcut to play in your 'Games' menu, or perhaps in the 'Games' section of the Eee desktop. ;)
If you can't install it with a simple double-click or if you don't see the shortcut, try the tarball (.tar.gz), which is made to work on any Linux system. This file is like a Zip, just extract it, and launch the executable 'WorldOfGoo' which is inside. :)