gives video error when launched

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
gives video error when launchedGotGoo?11/22/2009 - 10:07

I downloaded the demo and installed it but when I open it, I get the following error:
screen goes black and the message is - Analog Input - Cannot Display This Video Mode - 1680 X 1050 60 Hz  Optimum Resolution. Then it closes. What can I do?

Re: gives video error when launchedSoultaker11/22/2009 - 13:35

This is on Windows, I presume?

If you wait a while after the screen goes black, can you hit Alt-Enter to force the game into windowed mode?

If so, the problem is with the default game resolution (800x600) that's not supported on your system. Open the file C:\Program Files\WorldOfGoo\properties\config.txt in Notepad and select a more appropriate resolution (e.g. 1680x1050).

Re: gives video error when launchedGotGoo?11/24/2009 - 18:30

Yes, Windows Vista Home Premium.
I hit alt,enter after the screen went black to go into windowed mode but it did nothing. I tried all different screen resolutions but it continued to give the same error. I tried going into the config. file and changing the resolutions there but I still get the same error. Any other ideas? ???