SAVE GAME AND NON-ADMIN PROBLEMS RESOLVED IN WINDOWS!!! PLEASE STICKY!!!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
SAVE GAME AND NON-ADMIN PROBLEMS RESOLVED IN WINDOWS!!! PLEASE STICKY!!!ninrocket11/24/2009 - 00:00

Are you having a problem saving your progress in World of Goo? Are you not able to save your progress when logged in under other User names ***besides*** the one you used when you installed World of Goo?

I was too! After searching the forum I noticed that a lot of other people were having the same problem. I was bored and decided to try and fix it myself. After only a couple of trys I got it fixed!! The following is the easiest way for even a novice to resolve the save game issue. If you already have the game installed you can make sure it works perfectly by simply uninstalling World of Goo and then reinstalling it using these simple directions:

1. Run setup and install World of Goo as an administrator. Uncheck the "make me dirty right now" option when setup completes. Click finish.
2. Install World of Goo 1.30 patch by running the program as an administrator.
3. Run World of goo and exit immediately once the game is started(don't create a profile).
4. Navigate to one of the following folder locations:

64 bit Windows users:
C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldOfGoo\properties

32 bit Windows users:
C:\Program Files\WorldOfGoo\properties

5. Delete the config.txt file.

6. Rename the config.txt.old file to config.txt.

Mission accomplished! Each user can now save their progress. Each user has 3 independent profile slots.

PS...The problem is simply that the config.txt file was locked to the account that is logged in during install. This should be an easy fix for the next patch.

See ya'!

Last modified Tue, 11/24/2009 - 01:44 by ninrocket