WoG Editor Not Working!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
WoG Editor Not Working!MethanalCHO12/05/2009 - 08:54

This is strange Very strange. I downloaded the WoG Editor, but when I unzipped the files and opened it, the buttons on the top were all grey except for a single light-blue folder. I need some help on what to do, along the answers to these questions:

1. How do I find out what version of WoG I have?
2. Is it possible to fix this problem?
3. Am I the only sufferer of this problem, or is everyone having it?
4. Once I do get it working again, how do I use it to build levels?

Please give all answers for the PC, and thank you in advance.

Last modified Sun, 12/06/2009 - 08:09 by MethanalCHO
Re: WoG Editor Not Working!GMMan12/05/2009 - 13:13

You need to first select your World of Goo folder by clicking that button and then selecting WorldOfGoo.exe inside the WoG folder. Then you should be able to start making/editing maps.

Next time, explore a bit. It's not that hard to figure out.

Re: WoG Editor Not Working!MethanalCHO12/05/2009 - 18:33

[quote author=GMMan link=topic=2344.msg15554#msg15554 date=1260036833]
You need to first select your World of Goo folder by clicking that button and then selecting WorldOfGoo.exe inside the WoG folder. Then you should be able to start making/editing maps.

Next time, explore a bit. It's not that hard to figure out.

That's all good, but one major question left:

HOW DO I FIND WORLDOFGOO.EXE?!?

Last modified Sun, 12/06/2009 - 08:08 by MethanalCHO
Re: WoG Editor Not Working!GMMan12/05/2009 - 21:36

The question is where did you install it? By default, it's in C:\Program Files\WorldOfGoo\. If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, then it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldOfGoo\. Of course, chances are that you stuck it somewhere else. In that case just browse to where you installed World of Goo and then select WorldOfGoo.exe.

Don't be afraid to explore your hard drive a bit. It's not a very scary place (unless you're really disorganized or your OEM places a lot of junk on it) :).

Re: WoG Editor Not Working!MethanalCHO12/06/2009 - 08:07

[quote author=GMMan link=topic=2344.msg15566#msg15566 date=1260066985]
The question is where did you install it? By default, it's in C:\Program Files\WorldOfGoo\. If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, then it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\WorldOfGoo\. Of course, chances are that you stuck it somewhere else. In that case just browse to where you installed World of Goo and then select WorldOfGoo.exe.

Don't be afraid to explore your hard drive a bit. It's not a very scary place (unless you're really disorganized or your OEM places a lot of junk on it) :).

I always keep all my WoG stuff in a folder on the desktop called "World of Goo". I presume it would be there, but when I click on it, there is no World of Goo icon, only the sub-folder I made to hold the level editor. I am presuming that I should just only go as far down as the WoG desktop folder, or should I go down further to the editor's folder?

By the way, if you make a mistake with the location, is there a way to fix it without un- and reinstalling?

Re: WoG Editor Not Working!marteen3312/07/2009 - 12:38

right-click on your shortcut to WoG. then check there where is worldofgoo.exe located.

Re: WoG Editor Not Working!MethanalCHO12/07/2009 - 14:40

Thanks, Marteen. I'll do this as soon as I get home (I am right now posting this from a public library).