How to buy in France ?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
How to buy in France ?theYinYeti12/06/2009 - 09:54

Hello, I'm new here.

I want to offer “World of Goo” to my son for his birthday because he liked the demo a lot and asked for the sequel.

On the order page (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr…), I see the price in USD even though I chose France as the country!

I'm not quite sure if I can buy something in USD using my Visa card. And even if I can, knowing my bank's habits, they would well be capable of adding another $20 to the price as a tax for… who knows… converting ? shipping each coin accross the ocean by ship ?  >:(

Of course, I could buy the boxed version in France:
http://www.amazon.fr/Midway-World-of-Goo/dp/B001KZ1F58/
but:
— I'd rather have you get all my money, rather than leaving some for Amazon, whose service I don't need this time.
— I suppose the boxed version is not as up-to-date as the download version is, relating the French translation, bug corrections…
— By the time I do the ordering, the boxed version may not be available anymore.

So what would you advise to me ? What do your French clients do usually ? And how would you rate this boxed version ?

Sincerely,

Yves.

Re: How to buy in France ?Nicosmos12/06/2009 - 10:47

Hello.
Ou plutôt, salut :)

Tu peux à priori sans problème l'acheter via Paypal. Le prix est affiché en dollars, mais le montant payé devrait être l'équivalent en euros, sans taxes supplémentaires. Si ça n'a pas changé en tout cas depuis l'année dernière. Mais il y a plein de français qui ont acheté le jeu depuis le site officiel, et aucun problème à signaler jusque là à ma connaissance. ;)

Quant à la version boîte, le seul intérêt, c'est la boîte. Note qu'elle est également  disponible en "vrais" magasins comme à la Fnac ou à Game. Mais non seulement ça revient plus cher que la version en ligne, mais tu n'auras pas non plus de mises à jour, ni la version Linux. Et la part qui revient à 2D Boy doit être minime, entre le prix de fabrication, la part du magasin, la part de Midway et la part de RTL Games. Ça ne vaut donc pas vraiement le coup (à part la possibilité de le mettre vraiment dans un papier cadeau). :P

Last modified Sun, 12/06/2009 - 10:49 by Nicosmos
Re: How to buy in France ?theYinYeti12/06/2009 - 12:01

Merci pour la réponse !

Le secret réside donc dans Paypal :-) Je vais ouvrir un compte.

Yves.