Please Help w/ GooTool?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Please Help w/ GooTool?AldenteVonTino12/20/2009 - 12:25

Semi-repost from GooFans Forum, where I have not gotten a reply for almost 2 days, but has had over 20 views:

I am wondering why suddenly my GooTool Info page would show I've done NOTHING? It was even stuck displaying my last tower, not updating at all.
I thought there might be a problem solving solution by starting over (ie: reinstall, etc), but GooTool still not active any more. In fact, all fields are now empty including the tower, however WoG still shows any OCD's I've made.
GooTool still shows I've downloaded a couple of mods, says I've played for only 23 seconds, when in fact I've revisited every level up to the "End of the World" now.
Can anyone shine some light into this issue please? Some info that might be helpful:
WinXP, 1gig memory, 60gig HD.
(If I am missing any info you might need, please let me know? Thanks!)
- AVT

Re: Please Help w/ GooTool?GMMan12/20/2009 - 20:15

It could be a corrupted profile. Back up your current profile, then restore the next latest from GooFans.com

Re: Please Help w/ GooTool?AldenteVonTino12/21/2009 - 12:03

I did backup my profile, deleted EVERYTHING Goo related, and started from scratch.
I gave GooTool the info required (location of files, WoG, etc) and now have my level info back, but it's still not showing my tower! Yes, I have to redo every level again, but that's not important. (Well, it IS, but I'm not sweating it.) I've returned to the 300 GooBall max in the WoGC and THEN began building a tower, but it's still showing my LAST tower and not updating!
Did I miss something somewhere?
???

Re: Please Help w/ GooTool?GMMan12/21/2009 - 16:47

You need to click the publish button to make GooFans show your latest tower.

Re: Please Help w/ GooTool?Pavke12/21/2009 - 17:12

The question is what is not showing your tower?

It is GooTool or googans.com page?

If it's GooTool then you must click Refresh button in Profile tab in GooTool

If it's goofans.com that is not correctly working then, like GMMan said you must upload your profile. With GooTool or manually at goofans.com

Re: Please Help w/ GooTool?AldenteVonTino12/21/2009 - 23:28

Oh, guess that wasn't too clear on that part, sorry.
I click the refresh on the profile tab in GooTool and nothing changes.
I would consider submitting to the site, but I didn't wish to just spam the leaderboard with useless garbage.
If you think it's worth a shot, I will do so, but seeing as I'm one of the newer members here, didn't wish to be TOO newbish. lol!
???

Re: Please Help w/ GooTool?AldenteVonTino12/22/2009 - 21:17

Ok, I have re-reinstalled everything, returned to my previous glory of having completed all levels, and then built a tower.
I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I'm going to submit my profile as it is right now and HOPE that maybe the REAL tower will show (around 20 meters), not the 4.4 meter one it still shows from my previous visit to WoGC.
If it actually does NOT work, would it be best to just redo EVERYTHING (profile as well), or is there some fix to this problem?
(I'll edit this post either way...)
-AVT
EDIT: Nope, did NOT display the new tower, just the old one I had worked on before. I'm lost, and await professional guidance!

Last modified Tue, 12/22/2009 - 21:19 by AldenteVonTino
Re: Please Help w/ GooTool?Pavke12/23/2009 - 03:17

I can only think of one more thing.

Did you install 1.3v patch?

I think the GooTool(or you) is uploading your old profile from 1.0v WoG place that is stored(I'm guessing you have XP) at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo"

Try visiting "C:\Documents and Settings\'USERNAME'\Local Settings\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo"

That is real 1.3v WoG profile, try to upload that. If is doesn't work I'm clueless.

Re: Please Help w/ GooTool?AldenteVonTino12/23/2009 - 09:24

:o  8)  ;D
Thanks Pavke! The wrong profile was indeed being used, how silly of me!
I feel like such a noob (or newb, depending on where you are!)
Now back to my study of the Goo, and the anti-bothering of everyone else, until the next problem!
-AVT