core dump on fedora 12

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
core dump on fedora 12azop12/29/2009 - 04:36

Ho boy, I was so disapointed when I saw WorldOfGoo 1.41-1 wouldn't start on my fedora 12 eeepc...

When using the gnome Application/Games/WorldOfGoo, it fails.
Now if I cd /opt/WorldOfGoo && ./WorldOfGoo.bin32 (in a shell), it works !

When starting /opt/WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo.bin32 from any other place (in a shell), the game starts (just the black screen) for a sec, then goes out leaving me btw in a shitty screen resolution (omg bug after loading sdl). There is this bug report : http://paste2.org/p/584038

Hope this will help, have a good day :)

[edit:  I'm a dumbass, didn't noticed this bug was reported and a patch was out...well, I don't need this f**cking patch...for now, I guess]

Last modified Tue, 12/29/2009 - 06:29 by azop
Re: core dump on fedora 12syl05/12/2010 - 17:51

Same here, with Fedora 12 64 bits with the Demo version.

It works if i use the ./WorldOfGoo.bin64 file directly, but not the shell script.

Error :
----8<----
./WorldOfGoo: line 30: 10859 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $BIN $@                                   

It looks like World of Goo crashed! If you need support, please include the                                 
contents of the log file in your problem report.                                                             
The log file is stored at: /home/cedric/.WorldOfGoo/WorldOfGoo.log
---->8----

The issue is coming from one of the librairies in ./libs%arch% cause if i comment out the LD_LIBRARY_PATH prepending, the shell script works fine.

I can attach the logs and the core dump on demand, no problem.

Regards,

Cedric

Re: core dump on fedora 12syl05/13/2010 - 17:24

Yeap, it works for me, perfect ;)

I believe it'd be good to put that in the FAQ, or something, so that it is more visible (or to include the patch in a 1.42 version ;)

Great game btw, i believe i ll get it once i finished the demo

Re: core dump on fedora 12syl05/13/2010 - 17:26

err.... well... i m just seeing actually the topic actually IS already pretty visible ... :D

Lemme rephrase : It'd be a good idea to change the topic to "For the Mandriva & Fedora crash" ;)