WoG Crashes on Launch - OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
WoG Crashes on Launch - OS X 10.6 Snow Leopardsethomas84001/02/2010 - 01:18

Hi! I have a weird issue with WoG. Whenever I try to start the game, the screen fades to black and I see the loading screen for a second or two, and then the game crashes. I have tried the same disk image on another computer, and it works fine. The only difference is the OS. My other computer is running OS X 10.5 Leopard. Is Snow Leopard not supported by WoG? Or is this just a random error specific to my computer? I have attached the crash log below. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Attachment: World of Goo Crash Log.txt (22.67 KB, 128 downloads)
Re: WoG Crashes on Launch - OS X 10.6 Snow LeopardGreenie02/18/2010 - 23:06

I am having the same issue. I have done two upgrades of my machine and OS but id guess its a 10.6 issue.
I can also upload my crash log etc if required.

Re: WoG Crashes on Launch - OS X 10.6 Snow LeopardGMMan02/19/2010 - 13:02

I hope you're using 64-bit versions of the libraries that WoG uses. Something similar seems to happen with the Linux version too. Try downloading the latest SDL and irrKlang libraries. I'm not quite sure what all of the libraries are.

Re: WoG Crashes on Launch - OS X 10.6 Snow LeopardGreenie02/20/2010 - 22:10

Well I thought id try the demo out and downloaded that and that worked fine so I downloaded the full version again and now Im up and working... Not sure what happened with me as the old copy worked on my old machine... But Im all good now thanks.