Cannot change WoG's resolution (Mac OS X)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Cannot change WoG's resolution (Mac OS X)pauldacheez02/04/2010 - 22:59

Hello all!
I've edited my config.txt so that World of Goo should display in 1440x900, my monitor's native resolution, but the game refuses to display in anything other than 800x600. I've tried many different resolutions, I've deleted the game's folder in ~/Library/Application Support, and I've tried reinstalling the game, but nothing I've attempted seems to work at all. I presume that World of Goo has another file in which it keeps resolution data somewhere on my shiny white plastic rectangle of a computer, but I cannot find anything. Any thoughts on this issue?

Re: Cannot change WoG's resolution (Mac OS X)pauldacheez02/04/2010 - 23:07

Well, this is new. After reinstalling it again, it only works if the config.txt is set to 800x600. Setting it to 1440x900 makes the game appear in the dock, then immediately disappear. Hm. 1280x800 makes it play at 800x600, though. What odd issues computers can have...

Re: Cannot change WoG's resolution (Mac OS X)GMMan02/05/2010 - 10:48

World of Goo does have troubles with non-standard resolutions. In fact, it doesn't even work properly with 1280x800.

Re: Cannot change WoG's resolution (Mac OS X)pauldacheez02/05/2010 - 14:15

It worked properly at 1280x800 on the MacBooks at my school, with nothing more than barely noticable graphical glitches, and I managed to get the copy I used for school to work at that resolution (but after editing the config.txt I can't do anything with it but 800x600).

Also, I'm not currently at the computer. I'm stuck at my dad's office for some time because I'm suspended from school for the day for accidentally biting someone.

Re: Cannot change WoG's resolution (Mac OS X)pauldacheez02/07/2010 - 01:20

I do sincerely despise when an inquiry I make is left unanswered. Can anyone assist me in this small issue?