Where did my profile go?!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Where did my profile go?!Amphetamine10/08/2008 - 19:19

Ok, got the download link yesterday, installed, made new profile in slot 1, played entire game to finish, built 13th highest tower in world, quit out.

Started the game up today and my profile is gone :( Was gonna go through and start collecting my missing OCD's

For reference:

Install folder: e:\worldofgoo

Is it gone for good, or is there some mysterious set of circumstances that have hidden it away somwhere stupid?

Re: Where did my profile go?!sterno10/10/2008 - 16:54

Did it crash at any point? My profile got nuked on me too, but the game had crashed before it happened.

Re: Where did my profile go?!Vark10/11/2008 - 08:51

Following on from the thread about the crash and profile loss, I'm feeling particularly unlucky right now, as after downloading the patched version and and working through the first 2 chapters again, exactly the problem reported here happened to me: I.e. Closed the game down normally, but upon restarting it, my profiles were lost. There was no game crash this time around.

I'm almost reluctant to start the whole thing all over right now; and it seems fairly pointless even thinking about spending time going after OCDs.  :P

Actually, I am going to give it another go. But this time I'm going remove the original completely and install it in the default place (previously it was in C:\Games\WorldOfGoo").

I'll keep you posted how I get on.

V

Re: Where did my profile go?!Vark10/11/2008 - 09:18

[quote author=Vark link=topic=267.msg2376#msg2376 date=1223733077]
I'll keep you posted how I get on.

Not so well.

I completely reinstalled it, in the default install directory. Then I played through the first six levels of chapter one, after which I remembered to check that the new install had fixed things. So I went back to the menu, exited the game, and restarted it.

My profile was there, but my progress through the last 3 levels has been erased. So it had saved something; but not every level?

Now it really does seem like there is no point in trying to get further. (Unless I do the whole lot in one session. Hmmm, there's an idea...  :o)

If there's any infomation I can pass on to the Devs I'd be delighted to; I'd like to be able to carry on saving the damn-blasted lovely little goo balls.

V

[Edit: By quiting and restarting the game after every level, I got all the way through with no further progress being lost.]

Last modified Sun, 10/12/2008 - 08:48 by Vark