No handle at the end of a level

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
No handle at the end of a levelAndulias03/28/2010 - 14:08

For some reason I just can't make World of Goo work normally. First time around when I started the game my screen went black with an error message saying "mode not supported", but I figured that one out by modifying the resolution in the cfg  file. Now, however, I have another problem - when I complete level one the handle with the continue button doesn't appear at all and there is no way I can proceed to level 2. Any suggestions? My screeen resolution is 1680x1050, I've got a 9600GT,drivers and DirectX are up to date.

EDIT: The game doesn't work when I change the resolution, so if the problem's there, I can't fix it.

Re: No handle at the end of a levelPavke03/28/2010 - 14:16

Installing 1.3v patch fixes the handle drop at high resolutions ;)  http://worldofgoo.com/dl2.php?lk=patch

Re: No handle at the end of a levelAndulias03/30/2010 - 01:03

I sincerely thank you, worked like a miracle. I guess using my old retail version on my new PC wasn't such a good idea.