win7 goo tool cant save

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
win7 goo tool cant savetmack005/05/2010 - 11:57

Im trying to use goo tool to set a resolution on my monitor so I can get the game to actually load (instead of flipping out blanking the screen and rendering my computer useless until I reboot). I get to the point where I need to save, it pops up a message saying "..create a new empty folder to save to in the next window", the next window comes up and the "create new folder" button is conveniently grayed out.
workaround was to open the My Documents folder in another window and create the dir there, then select it in gootool, but really, wtf?

Re: win7 goo tool cant saveGMMan05/09/2010 - 17:41

Here's a better idea: Directly edit your config.txt file. Open your WoG folder, and the open the "properties" folder. Open config.txt, and change your resolution and refresh rate accordingly. If you're still having problems, instead of cold restarting your computer, press Alt-Enter to exit fullscreen mode.

Re: win7 goo tool cant saveSoultaker05/09/2010 - 20:27

Also, the best place for GooTool bug reports would be davidc's site: GooFans.