WOG causing me to blackscreen

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
WOG causing me to blackscreenmasterz05/11/2010 - 15:18

I just bought the humble indie bundle pack and downloaded world of goo. I installed it and then proceeded to try to play it and my computer blackscreened (ctrl alt del and other key combos were unresponsive)

I tried again and again to play by running in different compatibility modes and even changing the resolution in the config. nothing is working.

I have windows 7 64bit

Re: WOG causing me to blackscreenlpcomet05/11/2010 - 22:24

I am having the same problem.  It starts, lists a bunch of things that it's doing... then the screen goes black.  I have tried modifying the settings in the config.txt file, running in various compatibility modes, enabled and disabled desktop compression, running in full screen and window mode, etc.

I am running a single monitor (laptop) which is set for only the LCD (no external output).  Windows 7 (64 bit)

Re: WOG causing me to blackscreenlpcomet05/11/2010 - 23:46

Mysterious... I rebooted a couple of times and suddenly it works.  Bizarre.  *crosses fingers*

Re: WOG causing me to blackscreenmasterz05/12/2010 - 14:25

I am not experiencing any "lists", it just black screens