Higher Resolution Glitches

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Higher Resolution Glitchessekazi10/10/2008 - 17:31

I took the "IMPORTANT WARNING" as a joke. I want to know if it is serious or if the glitch is only occurring on mine. I have not seen a post about this by someone else yet.

It seems 800x600 is the only resolution it will take. Any other even 1024x768 screws up some things which I find very annoying so I stick with 800x600.

My Setup:
HP Pavilion tx2500z CTO 2.2 Ghz 3GB RAM 250GB HDD
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Hanging from nothing

Leaking from the pipe

EDIT:

A additional glitch running at 1920x1200. You cannot finish a level so it is pointless to play at this res but it is so beautiful.

Chapter titles cut off

Last modified Fri, 10/10/2008 - 19:24 by sekazi
Re: Higher Resolution GlitchesVark10/11/2008 - 05:55

I came here looking for a possible work around having just stumbled upon the config file. So no; it's not just you who has the problems.

Running at 1680x1050 looks simply amazing, and the mouse feels more accurate too, because the cursor is smaller.

But you all you can see of the 'level flush' is a bit of the chain at the top.

It would be really nice to see this fixed; but I was looking in the file structure because I've also had the 'crash and lose save games' problem; I'd much rather 2D Boy fixed that one first!

[Edit: Oh, I see they have fixed the heavy crash already. Yay! I didn't realise there were two pages on that thread. :D Right then; can we have high res mode now plzkthx?  :-*]

Last modified Sat, 10/11/2008 - 06:09 by Vark
Re: Higher Resolution GlitchesBlueAvatar10/12/2008 - 02:24

i've tried 1600x1200 and it looks great but cannot finish levels because the flush chain does not appear on screen :(

Re: Higher Resolution GlitchesThe Happy Friar10/13/2008 - 09:41

i'd assume the graphics are set @ a specific resolution & aren't vector.  They're also tied to a point X on the screen & when you change the resolution you don't change that point.

So even though it LOOKS nicer, the only thing that's actuatly higher-res is the goo structure itself.  The goo's are 2d graphics, so are the backgrounds.

Re: Higher Resolution Glitchesmusta10/14/2008 - 05:54

[quote author=The Happy Friar link=topic=291.msg2556#msg2556 date=1223908880]
i'd assume the graphics are set @ a specific resolution & aren't vector.  They're also tied to a point X on the screen & when you change the resolution you don't change that point.

So even though it LOOKS nicer, the only thing that's actuatly higher-res is the goo structure itself.  The goo's are 2d graphics, so are the backgrounds.

Right but still...
Every time i play WoG all the icons on my deskyop are pushed in 800x600 square when back to Windows...
Having a res option would be great (or a fix for the res change on startup...)