Change to Steam version once it's out?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Change to Steam version once it's out?madlep10/10/2008 - 17:57

Yay, bought the windows version. Been playing it and loving it.

I noticed that it's going to be released on Steam in a few days as well. I kinda like steam, cause it keeps all my games handy, and lets me re-install them super easy if I ever change PCs or nuke windows.

I'm wondering if there is some way to change the regular windows .exe purchase into a steam purchase?

Good work on making a Mac version as well. That's what I'm on most of the time anyway. This will be a good time waster when I should be productive  ;D

Re: Change to Steam version once it's out?Resilient10/10/2008 - 18:44

Check out the most recent post on the blog.  Looks like it will be possible.

Re: Change to Steam version once it's out?musta10/13/2008 - 07:59

i'm interested in this too...
should i wait and activate it on Steam or download and install right now?
if i go with the latter will i be able to register it on steam later?

Thanks so much for such a great and refreshing game.

Re: Change to Steam version once it's out?FISKER_Q10/13/2008 - 08:50

Shouldn't matter whether or not you download it now or not, my own question is, what about savegames, will the steam copy find my non-steam savegames?

Re: Change to Steam version once it's out?Tijmen00710/13/2008 - 09:33

I'd like to get a clear answer too..  :D

Re: Change to Steam version once it's out?Chetyre10/13/2008 - 20:06

Ditto what Fisker said.  If we can just copy the savedata into the steam directory that would be awesome, otherwise I'll probably wait a few days for the download...

Re: Change to Steam version once it's out?Tsagoi10/14/2008 - 07:21

Both copies of the game (steam and download from here) store the save data in the same location. So you don't have to move any files at all if you uninstall one and install the other.