Crash/hang in the genetic sorting machine

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Crash/hang in the genetic sorting machineelectrodruid10/11/2008 - 08:36

Hi,
I've just had a crash/hang, thought you might like to know about it. I was playing the Genetic Sorting Machine level from world 2, and had got to the top part of the level (with the balloons). The game stopped, and when I alt-tabbed back to Windows (I'm running Vista, if it makes a difference), there was an error dialog. After firing up the browser to tell you, I got my machine into a weird state where WoG filled up the top left 3/4 of my screen with a black square, the music started playing, and I couldn't see the dialog box anymore, but from memory it said something like:

ODE INTERNAL ERROR 2
Internal (something) failed: ode/../Box.cpp (82)

I can try to give any more information you might need, if it helps - I don't know if you write logs or  crash dumps of any kind. I'm not sure if I can reproduce the problem, I've played that level a couple of times (and all the levels at least once) without any problems.

Re: Crash/hang in the genetic sorting machineSn0w10/14/2008 - 16:16

Hey, it seems I can't actually complete the final level in the first chapter due to this crash.  Everytime I recieve the "ODE INTERNAL ERROR 2" message of death!  I WILL complete this level i'm freekin determined, even if I have to try it 500+ times before it doesn't crash.  The crash happens randomly, could be 30 seconds in, could be 5 mins in...  Hence why it's so annoying.  I've also noticed this crash on other levels as well.  I'm also using Vista btw, the full error message for me is:

"ODE INTERNAL ERROR 2
Bad argument(s)(..\..\ode\src\box.cpp:87"

Then I press ok and I get:

"Runtime Error!

Program: e:\progr...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Re: Crash/hang in the genetic sorting machineSn0w10/17/2008 - 05:25

I managed to get past that level after 20+ attempts lol.  Just did it ridiculously fast before it could crash.  Now I'm at the Genetic sorting machine though and I'm not getting the same crash like electrodruid but at random points the frames per second drops to an unplayable level, sometimes it's about 1 frame a second sometimes it a bit faster but still annoying.  Also when this happens it stops the big hand thing at the end appearing so all my blobs just fly over into the bishes on the right and die.  I managed once to get them into the pipe at the end but the fps error started again which made the continue level button not appear...very frustrating.