Win32/trojan found on disc!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Win32/trojan found on disc!Larius05/22/2010 - 06:50

Hi, i just recently bought a retail version of World of Goo for PCs and i have a problem in installation. My antivirus program (ESET Nod32 4.0) detects a file as a potential win32/trojan during the installation of the game. If i disable the antivirus the installation goes smoothly. The same happens when i try to run the game. Nod32 detects the .exe file as a win32/trojan file and sends it to quarantine. Please help! In the end i tried to install an "illegal" version of the game and i didn't have any problem at all! Thanks.

Re: Win32/trojan found on disc!GMMan05/22/2010 - 11:27

Your copy of WoG was probably wrapped. Reinstall from your disc with your AV disabled, and then download the 1.30 patch and apply that. (Don't forget to reenable your AV software.) You will have a unwrapped and DRM free version then. I haven't got any warnings whatsoever with the official version.